- Strawweight: Alexa Grasso (7-0) vs. Jodie Esquibel (5-1)
- Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (6-2) vs. Taila Santos (13-0)
- Flyweight: Agnieszka Niedzwiedz (7-0) vs. Claudia Rey (6-0)
- Bantamweight: Cindy Dandois (6-2) vs. Jessamyn Duke (3-4, 1 NC)
- Featherweight: Megan Anderson (6-2) vs. Peggy Morgan (4-3)
- Atomweight: Tessa Simpson (4-1) vs. Simona Soukupova (5-3-1)
- Strawweight: Manjit Kolekar (8-0) vs. Lynn Alvarez (6-3)
- Bantamweight: Aspen Ladd (3-0) vs. Jessica Hoy (1-0)
- Bantamweight: Sijara Eubanks (1-1) vs. Amberlynn Orr (0-0)
Shannon Knapp announced today on the Anik and Florian Podcast that the promotions next event, Invicta FC 18, will be taking place on Friday, July 29th in Kansas City, MO. The headlining bout will be a strawweight fight between Alexa Grasso and Jodie Esquibel. The bout is currently scheduled for 3 rounds, but will no doubt be a big indicator of the next challenger for the 115 title belt currently held by Angela Hill.
Esquibel and Hill were scheduled to fight this past January, but Esquibel pulled out of the fight after qualifying for The Ultimate Fighter season 23. Unfortunately, she was eliminated from competition in the opening fight to get onto the show. Previously, Esquibel had competed at atomweight but now she looks to make her way in the strawweight division.
Alexa Grasso last fought in February 2015, where she defeated Mizuki Inoue by unanimous decision. Since that time, a series of injuries had kept Grasso out of the cage. After being forced to back out from three attempts to return, she hopes to pick up where she left off with her undefeated 7-0 record.
The event will take place on the eve of UFC 201 in Atlanta, GA. Two Invicta alumni will be featured on that card in a stand out match between Rose Namajunas vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz. This fight will most likely have title challenger implications, as well, for the UFC strawweight belt.
Knapp also stated later via Twitter that the bantamweight fight between Irene Aldana and Taila Santos will determine the next in line to challenge Tonya Evinger for the belt.
The event will take place at the historic Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City. Tickets go on sale June 22nd at CageTix.com.